Friday, February 1, 2013

Is Your Mind Trained ???? (Part Two)

 
 

          10 to the 2,400,000,000th power! Do you know what that number is? If you were to write out that number with zero's being 1 inch wide, you are looking at a strip of paper being 37,000 miles long. That number is how likely it would be to find someone exactly like you based on the DNA molecules. That is unique. YOU ARE UNIQUE!!! Since you are that unique, don't you really want to reach your full potential and fulfill your purpose in life? It is very likely no one else will fulfill that purpose. Reaching your full potential requires taking care of yourself and as stated in my last post, it all starts with your mind.   
            If you are anything like me, it does not take much for your mind to start stinking thinking. With all the negative around us, with the stress in the workplace or even at home, with the majority of the news on the television being negative, and often the financial struggles we face, it is no wonder why it feels like an uphill battle! So how can we get positive and better yet, stay positive? My answer to that is, surround yourself with positive!!
            Since negative appears to be naturally around us, it will take effort to surround yourself with positive.  The effort may seem overwhelming at first, but stay the path and eventually it will start becoming easier and easier (check out the saying on this blog about "sowing").  I asked a co-worker of mine today "How do you stay positive?”  His response was only be concerned about the things you can control and stop stressing about the things you can't control.  I think that is a very wise statement. I can't tell you how many times I got upset, worried, or stressed over something I could not change.
            We all have our own ways or techniques on becoming positive, but let me share some of mine. First off, I believe that if you start the day wrong than it will be more challenging to end the day strong. Start the day by doing something that lifts your spirits (reading, music, talking to a loved one, etc.). With me, I am a man of faith and I start the day with devotions and prayer.  Speak positive things in the morning and set the tone for the day.  Surround yourself with positive people, positive phrases/sayings, and put yourself in a positive atmosphere. If you want to be a success then learn from those that are successful. Lastly, before closing your eyes for the night, think of something positive. Don't allow the last thoughts of the day to be negative.

Check out Will Smith's perspective on life:

                                                          
Oh by the way that statistical opening in this post, I learned it from the book I recommended last post "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren.

 
 Make A Great Day!!!




3 comments:

  1. I must admit that it takes effort to keep a positive state of mind. Starting your day off badly often ensures a bad day for many people. I try not to let a bad start run downhill. In order to get the right state of mind I often take a few deep breaths to clear my mind. For really bad days I dissolve bad energy though exercise. People need to make an effort to turn a negative into a positive. It's all a matter of determining how is the best way to stay positive. This article is a great reference for keeping a positive attitude. http://www.ehow.com/how_2082781_keep-positive-attitude.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is completely true that your state of mind will certainly change the odds of success or failure. If you think it, it will become true (assuming it is possible). Science has just started to discover this. Somewhat related, check out how the mind can drive an automobile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDV_62QoHjY .

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true about negativity! Takes effort to incorporate positivity.

    ReplyDelete