Thursday, January 24, 2013

Is Your Mind Trained????


            If you are anything like me, when you first think of the phrase Health & Wellness you think of exercising and eating right.  It sure is a challenge to exercise regularly and eat properly, but I do not believe either of those two areas are the greatest challenge.  The greatest challenge is above your shoulders. IT IS YOUR MIND!! Your mind controls your actions throughout the day. If you are not in the right mindset then your day will most likely not go as well as it could of. 

            Most of the battles in life are not physical in nature but mental.  We often talk ourselves out of opportunities and challenges before even physically attempting to move forward.  Change of any sort is uncomfortable. This feeling of not being comfortable starts in your mind.  There is a book I try to read at least once a year that really puts life in perspective. The book is called “The Purpose Driven Life” and is written by Rick Warren. In one section of the book it talks about your thoughts and how it affects the way you feel which then leads to how you act.  I highly recommend this book if you have not read it.  This is a faith based book, but even if you are not one of faith, this book has a lot of good information that would be helpful in reaching your full potential.

            Why am I spending so much time talking about your mind? If you want the most of your body and be able to reach your full potential your mind has to be trained. As we all know the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.  Soooo…..to get different results you have to ……...uh oh ………...here it comes…………….….CHANGE.  


           We have now started the process of breaking the chains that bind our mind! Stay tuned to my next post and we will continue where we left off talking about the mind.  

                                                     

If you want more information concerning the book I have mentioned above, I have included the link below:
http://purposedriven.com/books/pdlbook/#purpose

1 comment:

  1. You are right that the mind has a huge impact on the body. People need to find away to find a balance between mind, body and spirit. For me, I use exercise as a means to ease my mind. I like to run with music which is so loud that I cannot think about daily tasks or things that have been weighing heavily on my mind. My run is the time for me to let the things go, focus on the music and exert my energy in a positive way.


    This sounds like a great book. I must agree that reading books can have a huge impact on a person and help them move towards change. It is amazing how people will hold on to things and not let them go. I realize people often resist change which is unfortunate because change is often not only good, but healthy.

    ReplyDelete